How do I send a message to a patient which they can respond to?
- Select a patient in EMIS/SystmOne
- Click the message icon in the accuRx toolbar
- You should see the patient's details have come through to Chain SMS! Choose what to put in your message
- Tick the box at the bottom that says "Allow patient to respond once (with text or photo)". If you can't see this feature, please follow these instructions.
Note: currently, patients can respond with up to 5 images per text.
The patient will have 7 days to use the link in their text to respond to you.
What happens when the patient responds- do I get notified?
The user who sent the message to the patient will be notified of when a patient has responded.
To review the response, they can click on their initials and then on 'Patient Responses'
Can someone else review patient responses if needed?
Anyone at a practice can review patient responses by clicking on their initials on the toolbar and then on 'Patient Responses'.
How do I save the text/photo to the record?
You can save the text and/or photo to the patient's record directly from the accuRx toolbar. 🎉
To save both the text and photo response, tick the box next to "Include attachments" and click "Save to record", as shown below.
To only save the text click "Save to Record" without ticking the "Include attachments" option below.
How it appears to both you (the user) and the patient:
Examples of how people are using the feature:
- Following up patients post-consultation e.g. to complete your referral, I need to check if you have any family history of joint disease?
- Screening patients prior to a consultation e.g. you have been booked in to see me this morning, prior to the appointment, can you please let me know if you have travelled anywhere in the past 2 weeks?
- To monitor patients e.g. could you let me know what your blood pressure is like today?
- To confirm if a patient has done something e.g. We have changed your face-to-face appointment to a telephone appointment. Please respond to this message to confirm that you have read it.
- To fill in or update patient details e.g. Could you please confirm you are still at 12 Brunswick Gardens and your email is still firstname.lastname@example.org?