Welcome to Accurx Desktop! 🎉 Here is a step-by-step guide on opening the Accurx Desktop toolbar to send your first message.
Create an Accurx account
If you’ve already created an Accurx account you can use this across any practice that is using Accurx. All you need to do is log into Accurx Desktop with your current details. 😊
If you don't already have an Accurx account you can create this by clicking on “Create account” in the Log in window (as shown below) and completing a quick form with your details.
Here's how to create your Accurx account with your NHS email. 😊
1. Click on the Accurx Desktop icon or toolbar to get the 'Sign in' dialog to appear
2. Click the link 'Create your account' 👇
3. This will open a web page where you must enter your details and set a password. Once you have done this click 'Create account'. 👇
4. You will then be sent an email to verify your account. Go to your NHS email (which you used to sign up) and click the 'Verify your email' link.
I haven’t received my email. In case you haven’t already, you could check your spam folder, though if this hasn’t arrived within 10 minutes of creating your account contact Accurx support by clicking on the message icon on the bottom right of this page.
Sign in to Accurx
You will then be able to login to the Accurx Desktop toolbar. Enter your email address and the password you just set.
You should then see the Accurx toolbar with your initials 👇
Approving your Accurx Desktop account
When a new user signs up to Accurx Desktop at a practice, their Accurx account is initially 'unapproved'. (You will still be able to send texts and do video consultations as an unapproved member 😊)
There are two ways to become approved:
1. Send 3 SMS messages to real patients. We automatically approve accounts that have sent 3 'validated' messages to real patients - we match these against the central NHS Patient Demographic Service to verify your account.
2. Ask your Admin to approve you. To help them through this, click here for a guide on the steps to take. 😀
Sending a text message 🎉
To send a message:
Open a patient in Vision
Click on the message icon in Accurx Desktop (second icon from the left)
Accurx Desktop will open a window with the patient details from the one open in Vision
Type your message in the text box
When you’re ready, click “Send and Save” to send your message
Once you've clicked "Send and save" this message will automatically save to the patient's record. 👇
Using the Accurx Desktop features available
With using Accurx Desktop with Vision there are several features available to help you communicate with patients. Click here to find out more about how to use these. 😀
If you've got any questions about Accurx Desktop, please do get in contact - you can chat with us via the bubble in the bottom right corner! 👉