To send a batch message with Accurx, you will need to create a CSV file with a list of patients.
For EMIS practices in England, the CSV needs to have the following columns:
If your practice is in Northern Ireland, please follow these steps 👉 click here.
If your practice is in Wales, you will need the following columns:
Date of birth (in a DD-MMM-YYYY format)
If you would like each patient's text to contain their own name at the start (e.g. "Dear Joe") then you will also need patient name
Creating the CSV file
In EMIS, you can create a list of patients you want to send a batch message to. You can then save this list as a CSV file, and upload it to Accurx, to send a text to the list of patients.
Here's how 👇
Hint: Make sure you have a patient search created, containing the search terms for the patients you want to send a batch message to
1. Head to 'Reporting' from the main EMIS menu, and select 'Population reporting'
3. Click on 'Add', select 'Patient', and select 'List report'
3. Name your report, and locate your patient search, (containing the search terms for the patients you want to send a batch message to).
Select it in the 'Results from' box.
4. Select 'Add', and choose 'Patient details'
5. Select 'EMIS Number and NHS Number' on the left-hand side. ⚠️ If your practice is in Wales, select NHS number, Mobile Telephone (by expanding the "Contact Details" section), Date of birth and Patient name.⚠️
6. Select 'Save and run' in the top bar
7. Right-click on the report, and select 'View results'
8. Select 'Export' in the top bar
9. Select 'CSV' and 'OK'. Then you can select where you want to save your CSV.
And that's it! You now have your list of patients to send a batch message to. Follow these instructions to send a batch message to your patients!
Note: you do not need to remove any additional columns or patients that have a landline number, Accurx will do this for you 😊
If you have any other questions, chat with our support team here! 👉