To send a batch message with Accurx, you must create a CSV file with a list of patients.
The CSV needs to have the following columns:
Telecom number (mobile number)
Date of birth (in a DD-MMM-YYYY format)
If you would like each patient's text to contain their own name at the start (e.g. "Dear Joe") then you will also need Patient Name
Creating the CSV file
We are aware of a few ways you can do this but here is one:
1. Under "Reporting", click "Clinical reporting"
2. Select the report that you'd like to use for your batch message OR create a new report
3. If your report does not include one of the columns listed above you will need to add this as follows:
Right-click on your report and click 'Breakdown results'
Select the arrowhead next to 'Demographics' on the left-hand side
Make sure that "Date of birth", "NHS number" and "Preferred telephone number" are ticked. You can also tick "First name" to ensure the texts contain the patient's name.
4. You need to make sure you have removed any patients who have dissented from SMS communication. To do this:
Click Registration on the left-hand side and then SMS Messages
Make sure the Patient has an SMS consent status recorded and Include patients that have consented to receive SMS messages are both ticked.
5. Right-click on the list and under 'Table' and select 'Save as CSV'
6. You can select where you want to save your CSV with a suitable name.
And that's it! You now have your list of patients to send a batch message to. Follow these instructions to send a batch message to your patients!
Note: you do not need to remove additional columns or patients that have a landline number, Accurx will do this for you 😊
If you have any other questions, chat with our support team here! 👉