Once you have set up your clinics, you will be able to invite patients to book themselves in.
❗ Note that patients are currently only booking their first injections through their invite. We will soon add the functionality to book their second one in too.
1) From the Manage Practice page, select Invite patients and manage bookings.
You will then see the following screen, which also includes the list of patients you have already invited.
2) Click Invite patients
After this, you will see a screen asking you to upload a CSV file from the clinical system your practice uses.
Your upload needs to contain the following columns:
Title, Given Name, Family Name, Date of Birth, NHS Number, Contact number.
Should you need any help in creating the CSV, you can click the 'How do I do this in EMIS' or 'How do I do this in SystmOne' for step by step instructions.
❗ Please note: you will be able to invite up to 2 times the capacity of the clinics set up by the coordinating delivery site. Your CSV list cannot be larger than this. Some patients will not book, or will decline to book, and therefore we allow more invites to be sent than there are available slots. However, too many invites sent for too few slots will lead to patients still receiving an SMS invite, but will be unable to book if others book it out before them. To avoid this, we recommend asking your designated coordinating practice to divide slots up fairly between the participating practices, and inform you of how many patients can be invited by each practice. Please start slow - you can always add more capacity later.
3) Once you've prepared your CSV, click Upload CSV file.
4) After the CSV file has been uploaded, you will be shown:
- SMS invites - these patients can be invited by SMS
- To manually book - these patients did not have a valid UK mobile number on the CSV file, so cannot be invited by SMS. You can manually book these patients later.
5) Click 'Continue' to proceed to writing the SMS invite. You can edit this SMS message. Each patient will be a sent a unique link. Click send to send the SMS.
6) You can review all patients invited on the Sent invites page, as well as those you need to manually book. All patients from uploaded CSVs are listed here, and you can unselect Filter by my practice to see all patients invited in your practice grouping.
Booked: Patients that have either booked in via the text you sent them or have been manually booked.
Awaiting reply: Patients who have been sent an invite to book in via SMS but have not yet booked. Note that these patients may need manually booking - they may not have smart phones, internet access, or be able to book themselves.
To manually book: Patients who do not have a valid UK mobile number uploaded on the CSV. See our page on 'How to book a patient manually' for more information on this.
Cancelled: Patients whose invites have been cancelled.
Declined: Patients who have dissented to having the vaccine.
Already invited: Patients who were sent an invite in a previous CSV upload.