The national contract with NHS Digital has been signed, and we can now start taking orders through that, rather than through direct purchases.
Here's how you can ensure your local vaccination centres can access accuBook.
- Fill out the accuBook signup form.
- The accuRx team will contact the leads for vaccination sites and onboard them.
- We'll handle the rest with NHS Digital.
Is the solution assured?
accuRx's vaccine booking solution - accuBook - has been assured by NHS Digital. At the time of writing, it is the only centrally assured appointment management solution.
How is accuRx paid through the national contract?
License fees - paid centrally
accuRx will be paid per appointment confirmed, once you've booked 10 confirmed appointments and if you've not raised any major issues with the service. accuRx submit this usage data monthly to NHS Digital for reimbursement.
SMS costs - paid locally, reimbursed centrally
NHS Digital have stated that a £2m national fund will be available for CCGs and PCNs to claim back the SMS costs incurred by using the solution.
When you order accuBook for your area, we will set you up to pay SMS costs directly.
The costs are calculated as follows:
- For orders covering a population of <100k patient population SMS costs are 1.75p per fragment with direct debit or 1.95p without.
- For orders covering a population of >100k patient population SMS costs are 1.75p per fragment.
A fragment is 160 characters of SMS text. An average accuRx text is 2.3 fragments long.
We'll share more information about the process for claiming back SMS costs when this is confirmed by NHS Digital and NHS England.
Additional resources for onboarding
- Set-up and support articles for your practices and PCNs are available on our website.
- A Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) template is available to help you complete one for your area.
What about practices beyond England?
You can contact us about direct purchase.