We recently released Florey, our feature for sending surveys out to patients to gather data. Our first version of this is a questionnaire for gathering Asthma QOF data.
This article details what SNOMED codes are added, according to the patient's responses.
Enrolment SMS: "Hi/Dear Name,
I'd like you to complete some questions about your health habits so we can update your medical record, this will only take a minute to complete. Please follow this link (link will be autogenerated here). You need internet on your phone (otherwise use a computer or contact reception).
Thanks, Sender Name"
- Smoking monitoring invitation - 310429001
First page of questionnaire:
This questionnaire from your GP will ask you about how you are managing your health. It should take no longer than three minutes to complete.
This survey is operated by accuRx
Are you happy to proceed?
Question 1: What is your date of birth? (this is used for patient authentication)
- Day Month Year
Question 2: What is your smoking status?
- Current smoker - 77176002
- Ex-smoker - 8517006
- Never smoked - 266919005 (questionnaire ends)
Question 3a: How much do you smoke? (If selected "current smoker" only)
- <1 cigarettes or gram/day or equivalent- 266920004
- 1-9 cigarettes or gram/day or equivalent - 160603005
- 10-19 cigarettes or gram/day or equivalent- 160604004
- 20-30 cigarettes or gram/day or equivalent - 160605003
- 40+ cigarettes or gram/day or equivalent - 160606002
Question 3b: How much did you used to smoke? (If selected "ex-smoker" only)
- <1 cigarettes or gram/day or equivalent- 266921000
- 1-9 cigarettes or gram/day or equivalent - 266922007
- 10-19 cigarettes or gram/day or equivalent- 266923002
- 20-30 cigarettes or gram/day or equivalent- 266924008
- 40+ cigarettes or gram/day or equivalent - 266925009
Question 4a: When did you stop smoking? (If selected "ex-smoker" only)
- Less than a year ago
- More than a year ago
After pressing "Submit":
Thank you for completing this questionnaire. Your practice will review this information in the next 28 days and be in touch if further action is required. As always, please contact reception if you need to speak to a clinician.
(If selected "current smoker" only) Smoking leads to health problems such as cancer, heart disease, and strokes. The benefits of stopping smoking include: better health, more money, and cleaner air for those around you!
Do you want to stop smoking? Here is some advice on ways to quit smoking, local services and general tips: www.nhs.uk/smokefree
Additional SNOMED codes:
- Comment: Smoking - or Smoking Status - 137811000006103
If selected "current smoker" add codes:
- Smoking cessation advice - 225323000
- Current smoker annual review - 505651000000103
If selected "ex-smoker" add codes:
- Ex-smoker annual review - 505761000000105
If selected "never smoked" add codes:
- Non-smoker annual review - 505681000000109