Who are Accurx?
To find out who we are as a company and why you’ve received a text inviting you to book your appointments through us, please click here.
We are not affiliated with your GP practice in any way - we just provide your practice with bits and pieces of software, including this vaccination booking system.
Why have I got this invite?
You have been invited to book in for the COVID-19 vaccine so that you will become immune to the coronavirus and will no longer have to shield or isolate.
How can I find out more information about the vaccine?
To find out more about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit the NHS website here.
How do I book my appointments?
1) Click on the link in the text you will have received from your practice.
2) This will take you to the booking website. Here you can click a link that will tell you all about the vaccine if you’d like. For now, please click ‘Continue to booking’.
3) The next screen will tell you where your COVID vaccinations will take place. Take a note of this and then click ‘Continue to booking’.
4) Confirm your identity by entering your date of birth. Make sure you enter your year of birth as 4 digits e.g. 1984 rather than just 84. Click 'Confirm date of birth' to continue here.
5) Once you’ve done this you will be prompted to book your first vaccine. Please choose a day and time that is convenient for you. After this, click 'Continue' at the bottom of the page.
6) You will then be prompted to book in for a second vaccine. You may wonder why you’ve been given dates a few weeks in the future: this is because your second vaccine needs to be a certain number of weeks apart for the drug to work effectively and properly.
7) Once you’ve chosen the date & time you want, click ‘Continue’ on the bottom of the page. You will then be shown a summary of the dates and times you have selected.
8) If you want to change your dates and times, click ‘Edit first slot’ to change the first injection, and 'Edit second slot' next to the second injection. Otherwise, press ‘Confirm and ‘accept’.
9) You will then see a screen saying ‘Vaccinations successfully booked'. You are now booked in for your vaccines!
10) You will get a confirmation text of this, and also a reminder 24 hours before each of your appointments.
Why do I need to book both of my appointments at the same time?
Because this allows your doctors surgery to see that you are scheduled for the appointments the correct amount of time apart. It also saves you from having to book your first vaccine, and then the second at another time.
Why is there such a long delay between the two vaccines?
Why do I need to put my date of birth in?
So we know that it’s definitely you booking yourself in for your vaccine appointments. It confirms your identity by checking that your date of birth matches that of your medical record.
How can I change my appointments after I've booked them?
We don’t currently support a rescheduling feature, but this is coming soon. In the meantime, please ring your practice, who will be more than happy to arrange this for you.
How do I cancel or reschedule my vaccination slots?
To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please follow the steps below:
1) Click the same link in the same text that you received to book yourself in.
2) Enter your date of birth, as you did before. This will take you to a 'Confirmed Appointments’ screen
3) If your first appointment is more than 24 hours away, you will see a ‘Manage your Appointments’ link on the screen. If the appointment is less than 24 hours away, you will need to contact your practice directly to cancel or rebook.
4) You will also be able to see here if there are available slots to book into. Please keep this in mind when choosing to cancel and/or reschedule your appointments.
5) Click 'Manage your appointments'
6) This takes you to a webpage where you can either cancel your existing booking, or cancel your current appointments, and and then rebook another set of appointments.
7) If you decide to rebook your first appointment, you will also need to rebook the second, as they have to be around 28 days apart.
8) If you click ‘Cancel and rebook’, the page will take you back to the page you were on when you originally booked your appointments.
What if I don't want the vaccine?
Click on the link when you receive the invite, and you will see a button just below ‘Continue booking’ that says ‘I don’t want to be vaccinated against COVID-19’’. This will tell your practice not to send you another invite. Should you change your mind in the future, please call your practice.
I don't have a smartphone, what do I do?
If you cannot access the link on your phone, please type the website address exactly how it appears on the text you received onto a device that can access the web. For example, you could use a computer or a tablet. You should then be able to use this to book in your vaccinations, as detailed above.
What if I can't see any times to book into?
If there are no slots available for you to book, please contact your practice.
What do I do if I need help?
Please contact your practice in the first instance. If you need any further support with using our system, you can contact our support team using the circular speech bubble on the bottom right hand side of our page.