This article is for practices who are trying out Patient Triage, our online consultation solution.
Each practice will have their own implementation approach but we've listed here some key steps to take to launch Patient Triage:
- Unlock your link (under Manage Practice) and try it yourself by pretending you're a test patient and submitting a request - you can use some made up personal details. 👉 Tip: We notify various non-clinical roles about new Patient Triage requests when they come into the inbox. You can check the right team members will be notified using our new Manage Teams feature!
- Ask everyone on your team to submit a test request using your unique Patient Triage link. We recommend making sure everyone's familiar with how to fill out a query, what information is requested and how to view and action requests as they come back to the accuRx toolbar.
- Optional: Ask some of your patients to try it 👉 Tip: some practices update their practice website (and their patients) after they have asked a few patients to try it first. They may do this through sending out the link in a text template after a phone call or asking the PPG to try it at a meeting.
- Read our Patient Triage Template policy and DPIA and create and share protocols for how to manage clinical risks.
- Set a process for handling incoming queries. 👉 Tip: Use this toolkit, and consider changing sessions around to match demand to capacity. You can monitor demand through looking at your usage stats.
- When you're ready to update your website, work with your IT team to get the link added.
- When you're ready for more patients to start using it, start promoting Patient Triage to your patients. 👉 Tip: Change your practice's phone message to encourage patients to use Patient Triage while they are on hold or call out of hours.