Your GP practice may decide that they want to do your appointment via video consultation. See how it works below.
How it works:
- Your practice will let you know that they would like you to do a video consultation
- Your clinician will then send you a text message with a link to load video consultation, that looks something like this:
What you need to do:
- Once you receive the message click on the link
- It will then open your internet browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome)
- It may show you a screen where you need to click "Request permissions" to enable your camera and your microphone.
- You should then be able to see yourself.
- You should then wait for the GP to join the consultation.
See a video of how it works
- We've got a video of how it looks here
What do I need for it to work?
- A smartphone, either with working Wifi/3G/4G connection
- Your Internet Browser needs to have your phone's microphone and camera enabled (you can see how to alter this in your phone settings here). You might also need to make sure you are using a supported browser.
- iPhones running older software that has not been updated (iOS 12 and earlier) will need to download the Whereby app to join the consultation.
What if I don't have a smartphone or the video doesn't work on my phone?
You can also access the link on a computer. Just type it into the top of the internet browser like so:
And please chat to us in the bottom right if you have any questions! 😊 👉