Here's 3 things that can cause your toolbar to be missing the bubble icon with the solution steps 😊
1) A crashed EMIS process
If you have previously used Chain before on this computer, this is the most common option. Sometimes EMIS can crash on the computer, and leave a process running hidden in the background, this can cause Chain to struggle to reconnect.
The best way to clear any crashed EMIS processes is by restarting your computer, or using Task Manager to end EMIS processes:
- Make sure you are logged in
- Save any work in EMIS Web and close it
- Go to your Task Manager (Control+Alt+Delete)
- Select Task Manager
- Click on 'Processes'
- Select any visible EMIS processes
- Right click and click 'End Process' or 'End Task'
2) Organisation ID matching your EMIS code
Ensure that the accuRx settings are picking up the right EMIS CDB code to connect to. To check this go to the initials icon in the toolbar, then Settings, and here the Organisation ID should match the correct EMIS CDB. 🎉
3) EMAS manager settings
There are parts in the EMAS manager steps that can be a bit misleading and are the most common ways to get caught out here. Please follow the steps in this article to complete the correct settings to allow us to connect to EMIS.
In particular, make sure you've:
- Selected 'accuRx Chain' (not Accurx or accurx.com) under Partner API for both Login access and Edit users
- Sorted the names alphabetically, and if you see two or more of the account then tick the boxes for all of them. Some people have multiple EMIS accounts without realising, and it might be trying to connect to the wrong one - so ticking all the boxes is safest. You should be ticking their name at least 3 times.
If you are still experiencing problems, please click the chat button on the bottom right corner of this screen to talk to someone 😊