Chain is an EMIS and SystmOne accredited software.
It can be installed onto your PC and integrates with EMIS and SystmOne. Once installed, it appears as a green toolbar on your desktop like this:
What functionality does Chain have?
- Sending text messages to patients
- Attaching documents to your texts (e.g. Med3s)
- Allowing patient replies to certain texts (including with photos! 📸)
- Selecting pre-written coded templates!
- Scheduling text messages
- Sending surveys to patients
- Video consultations 📹
As it links with EMIS and SystmOne, everything you send is automatically saved to the medical record! 😃
What can I use Chain for in my GP practice?
- Sending patients advice
- Notifying a patient of normal results
- Reminding a patient to book appointments (e.g. for immunisations, screenings and annual health reviews)
- Notifying patients of appointment alterations
- Leaving a patient a message if you fail to get through
- Asking a patient to contact the surgery
- ....and more!
Here's a video explaining a bit more about the SMS feature: